The 435 Digital team is ready to grow. Every person on our team offers a specific expertise, while being highly experienced and educated in all the key areas of digital marketing. We like making our clients successful. We do that through serious work using best practices and innovations in SEO, Paid Search, Web Development, and Social Media. We do all of that by loving what we do and having fun while doing it.
Open positions at 435 Digital
Digital Sales Representative
Do you have the confidence and drive to succeed? Do you always strive be #1? Are you passionate about Digital Advertising? Well you’ve come to the right place. 435 Digital, the digital marketing services arm of the Tribune, is growing and we need talented and motivated digital sellers to be at the forefront of our digital sales initiatives. We offer an exciting, challenging, growth opportunity in a diverse and fast-paced environment. If you’d like to work with a dynamic industry leader fueled by innovation, please apply now and take your first step toward a fulfilling career with us! Learn more here.
What we are looking for:
- You have a passion for digital marketing, innovation & start-up culture.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments, are flexible and able to roll with changing scenarios.
- You’re a change agent: see ‘ambiguity’ as an opportunity as opposed to a hurdle, thrive on challenging yourself to push beyond conventional thinking.
- You’re a problem solver: make things happen & work well with others to build constructive & effective relationships.
- You seek initiative: volunteer readily; undertake self-development activities; seek increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks.
- You’re detail-oriented; someone who rolls up their sleeves and gets the job done.
- You have the intellectual curiosity to surface insights & implications and use this knowledge to think creatively about solutions.
- Create, implement & execute on a Sales Territory/Account Plan to drive 435 Digital sales efforts & revenue results.
- Meet and exceed all revenue goals and targets on a monthly, quarterly, annual basis.
- Develop lasting account relationships with SMB prospects in local market territory.
- Manage all aspects of the sales process – from initial qualification of a prospect thru the execution of contracts and hand offs upon conclusion of the sale.
- Perform extensive needs assessments with potential new customers and existing customers to determine how 435 Digital can offer the best solutions that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the customers’ marketing programs.
- Deliver compelling presentations and product demonstrations that highlight 435 Digital’s competitive advantages and superior marketing ROI for prospects/clients.
- Develop needs-based solution proposals and resolve any post-proposal challenges with initial on-boarding of new clients.
- Fully understand, and effectively articulate the features, competitive advantages, and applications of 435 Digital’s solutions (competitive positioning) to prospects/clients.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2-5 years sales experience as an individual contributor in a sales (hunter) role
- Digital Sales background (i.e. paid search, social, email, mobile, and daily deals)
- Experience selling into the SMB (B2B) market
- Consultative/Solutions/ROI selling experience vs. a single Product selling background
- Proven track record in meeting/exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Consistent performer and responder to daily, weekly and monthly Sales KPI’s
- Technically proficient in CRM, Campaign Management and Marketing related reporting tools
- Industries: Start-Up, Technology, PR, Social Media, CPG, retail, other agency (advertising, promotion, brand, digital)
Web Development Assistant
As 435 Digital’s web development business continues to grow, a new position has been created to assist our lead developer in the day to day execution of client projects. Apply for this job on the Chicago Tribune website.
- Write HTML & CSS for client projects as directed
- Build out HTML content into landing page templates
- Maintain a daily checklist of development tasks that have been handed down from supervisors
- Assist in site deployments
- Configure WordPress installations in our hosting server environment
- Troubleshoot code as needed
- Run CMS and plugin updates on client sites as needed
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 1 year of hand-written HTML/CSS development experience
- Experience editing WordPress templates is a plus
- Basecamp experience is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and follow through
- No budgetary, staff or revenue responsibility required